Our comprehensive program is designed for students to graduate with the skills and knowledge to provide quality health care. Whether you are working with residents in a nursing home, assisted living facilities, hospitals, or clients in their own homes, Excel Academy prepares graduates with a strong foundation for rewarding careers in the growing health care industry.
- 110 total instructional hours
- 64 lab/theory hours
- Clinical hours to include both lab and clinical site hours: A minimum of 46 clinical hours must be completed at a designated clinical facility site.
- Build a strong foundation in the healthcare industry.
- Obtain necessary knowledge to prepare for the State of Connecticut CNA licensure exam.
- Day and Evening courses available.
- Low student to teacher ratio.
- Classes taught by experienced health care professionals.
What is the employment outlook for certified nursing assistants?
Job growth for nursing assistants in general is expected to be at a rate of 21% over the 2012-2022 decade, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). This projected growth is faster than the average for all occupations and is expected to create 312,200 new positions by 2022.
Excel Academy is now offering ROLLING ENROLLMENT for each of our training programs!
Please see our "SCHEDULES" page for details on this flexible opportunity designed to accommodate our students!